Thursday, September 17, 2009

Book Cover Illustration



Here's some of my process in creating a book cover illustration for my "Styles and Concepts" class. The face was inspired by the late actor Henry Irving who was supposedly Bram Stoker's primary inspiration behind Dracula's appearance.




Almost went realistic. In the end, I decided to head towards a more caricature-like direction as I did in the beginning.






The final was illustrated in acrylics and colored pencil, then Photoshopped to hide some massive heaps of matt medium. Please excuse the non-vector text on this promo version...

1 comment:

  1. I like this man, I love the book although sadly I cant ever get any further then when they slay Lucy. But anyway, the art came out a little too dark for my liking, kinda hides a lot of the work that went into it.

    ReplyDelete