Friday, February 12, 2010

Jack Black Cat





This was called the "famous person as an animal" project. I ran across this photo: link while searching for a good celebrity to morph into an animal and just felt the man had a very cheshire cat look about him.

I used some modified techniques I learned from Dave Groff, starting with a fairly tight value drawing and then adding thin washes of color. It's basically a grisaille painting. Acrylics and colored pencil on illustration board. 9" by 13.5".

4 comments:

  1. thank you sir, for stopping by my china dump! and I literally laughed out loud when I saw this, perfect combination! nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
    _____________________________

    Graphic Design Dissertation

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome piece dude! good transition from the drawing to painting, good luck in the imaginism contest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

    Buy Dissertation Online

    ReplyDelete