Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ogre Bust

Well I'd say it's probably high time that I start sharing some work from last semester!



So, this is a "Life-sized" ogre bust that I sculpted in Van Aken Plastalina. He's a big boy, the dimensions are approximately as follows: H- 15", W- 17", D- 16". The resin teeth are temporary placeholders for the final model. After being lucky enough to get some great feedback from Thomas Kuebler at Illuxcon I'm going with some bulkier teeth more befitting those tremendous jowls.

I was inspired by years of observing Brian Froud, Dungeons and Dragons art, The Lord of the Rings films, Hellboy and the like. I studied a ton of work by Aris Kolokontes and Jordu Schell to get a better grasp on sculpting wrinkles. Much of the character was also inspired by mma vet, Wanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva!



Here's an in-progress shot of some of the finer wrinkles:

No comments:

Post a Comment